Natural aesthetics is a concept in the field of cosmetic medicine that focuses on enhancing a person’s appearance in a way that looks subtle and harmonious with their natural features. The goal is to achieve a refreshed and rejuvenated look without making it obvious that someone has had a cosmetic procedure. Natural aesthetics emphasizes maintaining individuality and avoiding an overdone or artificial appearance.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) facials and PDO (Polydioxanone) threads are a popular treatment option in the realm of natural aesthetics for addressing fine lines and wrinkles, as well as skin tightening and facial rejuvenation.
Here’s how PDO threads work and their application in natural aesthetics:
- PRP Facial: By harnessing the regenerative capacity of the stem cells and growth factors in your own blood PRP can improve skin tone while decreasing fine lines and wrinkles.
- PDO Threads: These threads are made of a biocompatible material called polydioxanone. They are used in both surgical and non-surgical procedures. PDO threads come in various types, including mono threads, cog threads, and screw threads, each designed for different purposes.
- Procedure: During a PDO thread treatment, a medical professional inserts thin, dissolvable threads under the skin with a fine needle. The threads act as scaffolding, supporting and lifting sagging or loose skin. As the threads are absorbed by the body, they stimulate collagen production, which further contributes to skin tightening and rejuvenation.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: PDO threads are commonly used to target fine lines and wrinkles. They can be placed strategically to lift and tighten the skin in areas with wrinkles, such as the forehead, crow’s feet, and marionette lines around the mouth.
- Skin Tightening: The stimulation of collagen production caused by PDO threads helps improve skin elasticity, making it appear tighter and more youthful. This can be especially effective in areas with loose or sagging skin.
- Duration and Results: The results of PDO thread treatments can last for several months to a year or more. The exact duration can vary depending on individual factors like age, skin quality, and the type of PDO threads used.
- Natural Aesthetics: PDO threads are a preferred choice in natural aesthetics because they offer a subtle enhancement without drastic changes in facial appearance. The threads provide gradual and natural-looking results, making it less obvious that a cosmetic procedure has been performed.
- Minimal Downtime: PDO thread treatments are minimally invasive, and most patients can resume their regular activities within a few days. Some swelling and bruising may occur but typically subside within a week or two.
A consultation with a qualified medical professional is essential to determine if PDO threads are a suitable treatment for a person’s specific concerns. The professional can assess the individual’s facial features and discuss the expected results.
If you would like more information please call the office and set up a free 10 minute call with Dr. Heather Wilde to discuss your natural aesthetic options.